In The Public Interest (ITPI) is a research and policy center focused on privatisation and responsible contracting. Back in September 2016 it released a report on 'How privatization increases inequality'. The report raises genuine concerns about how privatisation increases inequality by causing fees to go up at the same time as causing wages to go down, thus widening social exclusion, The report breaks its findings down into five main sections:
- Creation of new user fees
- Increase in existing user fees
- Privatisation of the social safety net
- Decreased wages and benefits
- Increased socioeconomic and racial segregation
You can read about it here and you can download the report here.